Skip to content

General

General

Categories

32 results found

1. By the way, awesome program. Used winamp milkdrop visualizer before but it doesn't work with Windows 8.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no automatic shutdown. It’s probably the normal windows sleep/hibernation modes your have set. Check the “power” options in the windows control panel.

2. I have a use case in which I would like to place the plane9 window on a certain position of my (2nd) screen. The window should have a defined size i.e. 200 x 1080
    The purpose is to have an animation projected on a column in my room but the typical window frome and title bar should not be visible. I would be perfect to be able to do this from command line with options similar to height and width which are already available.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry it’s a bit to specific for your user case to be worth the effort. You might be able to run it in windowed mode then user another program to manipulate the windows flags to remove the border.

3. For the screensaver settings, a check box should be available to check which scenes get displayed. You could also show a list box for selected scenes then arrange the order with up/down/add/remove buttons.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I want to put plane9 on several raspberry pi's, each connected to a projector in order to project several different scenes in varying directions with a common audio source.

So, youve got the main house audio that I want to route to each pi so while it is being output from the mixer each one reacts projecting something diff

How do I do this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I use windows 8, and I can't find the Scene Editor anywhere. I can't, go to "start menu->Programs->Plane9->Scene editor" because guess who doesn't have a programs list like Windows 7. I've scrolled through the list of programs that i can get to from the Windows 8 thing, accessed through the start menu. Not there. Tried searching it. Nothing. Tried going into the programs folder. Not there. I was really excited to make my own scene, and now i'm bummin'. I even tried reinstalling Plane9. Still couldn't find the editor.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The configuration window should have a tab for downloaded scenes, and another tab for extra scenes that can be downloaded by the configuration utilty. For example, like plugins in Firefox - they can be sorted by popularity, date... etc. Of course, include scene rating capability.
    By the way, Plane 9 is very cool! Can't wait for the editor.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are no other scenes that the ones that comes with the installer so there wouldn’t exists anything to download. When/if the editor is released this would however be a good feature

7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I was wondering why there was no scene editor till I read the blog. Effects look fantastic. Looking forward to some experimentation with the new version, hopefully with images, lines or vectors that I can set to different frequencies, to form a kind of set animation type effect, if you get me.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A updated on this old request you made. Thanks for the kind words. The editor has not yet been released and I’m not sure when it will happen. I want to rebuild it to make it easier to work with and I need to be done with major breaking changes. The next version will have more of those where I have been forced to update all scenes yet again. I can’t put that on user created scenes.

9. A Native plugin.. the winamp plugin dosent work with AIMP 3+ many winamp plugs do but yours isn't one of them <wont reconise it> AIMP is one of the major players and works well

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Supporting the various application plugins takes too much effort so no new will be added as it is now. Instead focus will be on getting the “capture all sound” windowed mode as good as possible since it will work with any sound source.

10. equalify.me offers an API which you could use!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

API in beta, but even then forcing users to download another 3rd party app to get better(?) visualization in Spotify isn’t a good solution that is worth pursuing for me. It needs to be an official API from spotify so we now it will always work, work well and for the foreseeable future. Any other solution you can just use the existing “capture what ever you hear” that the visualizer already do. I suspect that is what equalify does since it has soundcard workarounds.

11. Having followed each step carefully, no such blob appears, since the screen is still black. On step 8, the instruction is "on the Shader1 node right click the Texture port". There are 3 textures to choose from, so which one? On step 9, it instructs to scroll down to the bottom of Shader1 node to the port that is called Shader in the Ports window. There is no port that is called Shader in the Shader1 node.

The code shown on the tutorial is not there. Nor, is there still anything appearing on the black screen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 0 votes
    Vote